Sunday, September 18, 2011

Setting out on a new path

We've spent seemingly forever on the anthologie. That's not true at all. We only came up with the idea back in June, were done with getting submissions by the end of July, and here it is, still technically summer, and it's a done deal. Not four months from start to finish, a really rapid turn around. What with all the work we had to cram into those months, though, and all the actually day-jobbery, and so on and so forth, it seems rather longer. So it's good to be able to put that behind me and move on.

I haven't been spending much time on my own writing. I put out a novella to add into the anthologie, sure, and I wrote a bit on this or that project, but nothing serious. I'm primarily now a novelist, and since June, I've done no novel writing on any notable level. Which is bad; even though I have a backlog of works, I should be producing new ones, no? So now I've started on that, hopefully. You never know what will amount to anything, even as your work count grows. Until you're done, you can't even guess if it'll be finished. I've gotten things to within thirty or so pages of completion (fifty? a hundred? being incomplete, I can't know) and then been unable or unwilling to finish them. So I don't count on anything. But I'm working on something now, that isn't for any anthology or project. Just for me, and my career, as it may be perhaps over-generously described. I'm not going to say much about it, and not going to post anything about it, but it's happening. And it feels good.

Less than four months for the anthologie. Let's see if it can be less than four months for this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment