Friday, July 22, 2011

Interesting. As far as it goes.

I wish this article was a little longer, a little less fluffy.  I wish it was a NY Magazine article from the weekend edition and really went into the meat of why things were changing, and what was changing.  Instead, it's a tiny little puff piece that doesn't really justify its title.  But I still find that it's a good read, and probably, if this isn't a topic you know anything much about, it's informative enough of the basic conditions.  The one thing it does tell me is that the publishing industry is capable of responding, if a bit slowly still faster than many have thought it would.  Will conventional publishing change quickly enough to keep fully in the game as the next couple years change the landscape completely?  I don't know.  But they're starting to change, it appears, and that's noteworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment