Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Daily Vocabulary

bore (noun): a dull, tiresome or uncongenial person. I just had the misfortune to be trapped by such a one in a customer service situation. He was the customer. I was the service. I could not flee the scene as he spent 15 minutes detailing how poorly put together most paperbacks were; how his grandfather was a never defeated congressman and senator (state level); about how physics and all science are of interest to everyone, or would be if teaching were not so horrible; and how I was obviously stunted by a terrible teacher because I did not find the numbers behind science fascinating.


Eventually, I just walked away. It's not what one is supposed to do, but I'm a human being, not a worker bot.


So anyway, bore. I end with a quote: 


A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company. ~Gian Vincenzo Gravina  

No comments:

Post a Comment