Thursday, October 18, 2012

Orpheus it is

Wrote a novella. Myth of Orpheus, but Eurydice is a guy, and it's set in something like Japan, and maybe it gets a happy ending? Anyway, that takes the "what next" question off the table for a short time, until I ask it again. I'm getting it read and edited by our dear friend Bev right now, and it will hopefully emerge from the smoke without too many holes below the waterline. But we'll see. I think it's pretty strong: not necessarily narratively, though that's not bad, but emotionally. I put a lot of feeling into it. I don't do that often.

Ever?

Often, we'll say often.

It's a nice little piece of work, 27000 words, took a week to write, will take a couple months to clean up and get ready. I'm happy I did it.

Now, what next?

No comments:

Post a Comment